And what is it I should be doing? Well, that is making lists of all the things I have to do. Particularly the things I have to do before my trip to Blacksburg and Knoxville on Tuesday and the frighteningly close holidays. I like lists, they are kind of like well-meaning procrastination. You think you are actually accomplishing things but really, you are just listing all the stuff you are not doing that you should be doing. A list should buy me a few more days of procrastinating until I have to actually do something. Now, on to what’s important!
- I recently perused the anniversary issue of Rue Magazine. I love this online magazine. One of my favorite features, they link to so many of the objects and pieces featured, both in editorial features and in the advertisements. Hint, hint LonnyMag. It’s the little things that make me happy.
- In addition to my awesome Caramel Apples deconstructed, Joy the Baker has super simple roasted apples. Very a la mode. I am going to attempt the recipe this weekend. I love putting apples in my oatmeal and my simple, time crunched method will be featured in a future post. But these look much, much better. Ooooh, and topped with dulce de leche. Oh my.
- I love a good Before-and-After, particularly when you do not need an extensive set of tools or the use of carpenter. So thank’s Design*Sponge for featuring an amazing transformation! You know you have owned a desk like this at some point, probably college. Hooray for something I could actually do!
- I stumbled across this helpful hint (no. 8) immediately after purchasing a funnel. It is amazing how many stores I am in that do not sell them. And when I say that I mean normal priced funnels, not stainless steel super funnels that cost more than my toaster oven. Though I have a really cheap toaster oven. So very a la mode Martha!
- Vintage, used, retro, whatever you want to call these glasses, they sure are cute. Apartment Therapy features some lovely sets on their site.