A few things about me and why I started living A la Mode. I will be adding to the list for sure. But off the top of my head….
- My living space is small, there is no space for a work room and the thought of me using a saw, well, not a good thing.
- Dear HGTV, I don’t have access to a carpenter or interior designer, neither is within my budget, I am a single gal with a mortgage and an extremely spoiled dog.
- I never learned how to sew properly – my fault, not my mom’s
- I am not a seasoned cook but can bake a few things. Not bread, though I have tried, really, really hard.
- I work in journalism, a field that keeps me creative in decorating and entertaining thanks to a really, really small salary, three furloughs in two years and a salary freeze that lasted almost three – woo hoo!
- I live in the wonderful city of Washington, D.C. and have been a resident since December of 1994. Before that it was Blacksburg, Va. for several years and Syosset, (Long Island) N.Y. for my formative years.
- I am constantly amazed at how people can afford to live the way they appear to live. Am I doing something wrong or is everyone I know in really, really massive debt.
- I believe everyone is creative, they just don’t know it.
- I do not accept free merchandise, samples or any form of compensation for any editorial coverage. If I like it, I like it. If I hate it, I hate it. If I am confused, well, that just means I am awake.